Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Update!

Since my last posting, I’ve been to Cape Town, Namibia, back to California and am now in Washington D.C. In brief, I was at Jooste Hospital in Cape Town for a 4-week internal medicine clerkship. Unfortunately, I didn’t take pictures, but did learn lots about TB, HIV and, believe it or not, leptospirosis. Jooste Hospital is a secondary township hospital struggling with limited resources but with an amazing, dedicated staff and a very strict (but nonetheless amazing) director. Chris (my mother) and I made a last minute decision to take a 10 day self-drive trip through Namibia before returning to sunny Cali and packing up for a 3-week Fogarty course at the NIH in Bethesda. On the way, I stopped by NYC to see some wonderful college friends at Pam’s fabulous bridal shower and bachelorette party! I will then be heading to Gaborone, Botswana, for 10 months in August to work with the Botswana-Harvard Partnership (BHP) on a clinical trial looking at acute/primary HIV infection, and hope to keep everyone posted with the blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home